At the core of the ESA BIC Bavaria service portfolio is the centre's start-up programme. It provides up to two years of financial, technical, and networking support throughout the entire process of company foundation - from formulating an initial concept to opening for business. During the incubation phase, Anwendungszentrum GmbH Oberpfaffenhofen (AZO), the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits (IIS), and the Economic Development Corporation Berchtesgadener Land (WFG BGL) place their comprehensive infrastructure at company founders' disposal, including state-of-the-art offices, communication equipment, and corresponding services. Financial support is provided in the form of both an incentive scheme and an optional loan. Meanwhile, the German Aerospace Center (DLR), Fraunhofer IIS, and WFG BGL provide technical support and expertise in different fields. Last but not least, ESA BIC Bavaria has a great network for finding solutions to virtually any question regarding company foundation.
There are a number of excellent reasons to apply to ESA BIC Bavaria:
The service package offered includes:
- Bavaria is a hub of space technology commercialisation.
- You have the choice of three locations: Oberpfaffenhofen, Nürnberg, and Berchtesgadener Land.
- You won't find better partners anywhere else.
- Pre-seed funding
- Technical support and expertise from local partners:
- German Aerospace Center (DLR), Oberpfaffenhofen
- Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits (IIS), Nuremberg
- Economic Development Corporation Berchtesgadener Land (WFG BGL)
- Office space and shared facilities
- Business development support and advice
- Hands-on assistance
- Access to:
- Other sources of funding
- An international network of industry players, research institutes, and universities
- Technical and business experts