We seek entrepreneurs using space technologies in a non-space environment. That doesn't mean rocket science, but applies to multiple application fields such as navigation and positioning, communications techniques, Earth observation, materials, processes, signals or robotics. So let's see how much space is hidden in your innovative business idea!
ESA's Business Incubation Centre Bavaria was launched in 2009 and is since managed by Anwendungszentrum GmbH Oberpfaffenhofen (AZO).
ESA BIC Bavaria has four branch offices: Oberpfaffenhofen, Ottobrunn, Nürnberg and Berchtesgadener Land. It's your choice! Have a look at the renowned partners at the different branches to see where you fit in best.
During the Incubation Programme of up to 2 years Incubatees at ESA BIC Bavaria receive:
Bavaria is one of the five aerospace hotspots in the world and one of few international locations that cover virtually the entire value chain of the industry - from research and development to production and maintenance. To strengthen Bavaria's position as a hub of space entrepreneurship, a number of support programmes and initiatives have been established. Thanks to this support programmes and the numerous companies located nearby, ESA BIC Bavaria is an ideal partner for start-ups seeking to realise their business ideas and transfer technologies from the aerospace sector to other areas of the economy.
- Incentive funding of 50,000 Euro
- Loan of up to 50,000 Euro
- Technical support and expertise from renowned partners
- German Aerospace Center (DLR), Oberpfaffenhofen
- Airbus Defence & Space, Ottobrunn
- Fraunhofer Insitute for Integrated Circuits IIS, Nürnberg
- Economic Development Corporation Berchtesgadener Land (WFG BGL)
- Office space and shared facilities
- Business development support and advice
- Access to tailored coaching activities and network support
Interested? Get in contact with us to see how we can support you!